Thursday, February 20, 2020

Our first road trip

Yesterday I decided not to bowl and we went on a road trip. Before we left I emailed Tish and Clark to say we were out for a drive. They were lawn bowling so did not get back to us until we were home.

Our first stop was Vilamoura. I went to one of the golf courses, The Old Course, to check on prices. I had thought that the price might be better than the courses in the East. I was wrong to play one game at the Old Course is during low season which is now is 125 euros. I could join for 3 months but if I wanted to play on the Old Course, the one which I had thought was cheaper would be 2750 euros or about $4,000 Canadian dollars.

We went on to Portimao where I had remember incorrectly having lunch. We did park but found no where to have lunch so we came home. Today we may drive to Spain and see if we can have lunch there. We will also get gas which is a lot cheaper. I have some pictures of Portimao which I will show you. If you look closely you will see a green port hand buoy. In Europe you do not use the rhyme Red,Right,Returning going up stream the green buoys are on your Starboard side. It is not clear why, but Trish and I are glad we figured it out before we sailed to Europe.

We love you all and miss you.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Home in Toronto with a story It seems there is always a STORY

Good morning We have come home a month early from Portugal. We were fine. No one we knew or heard about had the virus. On Tuesday March 1...