Sunday, February 9, 2020

Igreja de Santiago



I had trouble finding definite information concerning the church I went to last night in Tavira. It is called Igreja de Santiago. I finally got the following information from a tourist website entitled 

https://www.visitalgarve.pt/en/549/igreja-matriz-de-santigo-santiago-main-church.aspx

The site says the church was built in the second half to the 13th century and updated in the 15th and 16th centuries. After the earthquake of 1755 the outside was fixed up. I took some pictures and if you go to the website above you will see better ones.

By the way the weather today is a little cooler but very sunny.


This altar was just beside where I was sitting.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Home in Toronto with a story It seems there is always a STORY

Good morning We have come home a month early from Portugal. We were fine. No one we knew or heard about had the virus. On Tuesday March 1...